We’ve reached the target for the first project, so our initial share offer is now closed. However, we’ve set out here the main features of that offer, and you can Download a copy of the prospectus here.
In brief the main terms of the offer were as follows:
- We were offering 900 shares in Power4KcC at £20 each
- We aimed to raise £18k for our first project…
- …to install solar PV panels to help power the village hall and social club.
- Anyone buying shares becomes a society member and gets one vote, no matter how many shares they’ve bought
- The solar panels will generate 8kWp and lead to savings in the electricity bills of both the village hall and the social club
- Investors may be able to get your money out earlier, but we expect to be able to repay all the money after 20 years
- Although there are no guarantees we expect to be able to offer an interest rate of between 3-4% annually
- The maximum investment by any individual at the time was limited to £20,000 but has since increased to £50,000